SEVERE WEATHER BULLETIN
FOR: TYPHOON “#RubyPH”(HAGUPIT)
TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING
WEATHER BULLETIN NUMBER EIGHT
ISSUED AT 11:00 PM, 05 DECEMBER 2014
(Valid for broadcast until the next bulletin to be issued at 5 AM tomorrow)
TYPHOON “RUBY” HAS MAINTAINED ITS STRENGTH AS IT THREATENS THE SAMAR PROVINCES.
• Expected landfall: Saturday evening or Sunday morning over the Eastern Samar – Northern Samar area and it will be associated with strong winds, storm surge (up to 4 meters) and heavy-intense rainfall.
• Estimated rainfall amount is from 7.5 – 20 mm per hour (heavy to intense) within the 600 km diameter of the typhoon.
• “RUBY” and the Northeast Monsoon will bring rough to very rough sea conditions over the seaboards of Northern Luzon, eastern seaboard of Central and Southern Luzon, seaboards of Visayas and over northern and eastern seaboards of Mindanao. Fisherfolks and those using small seacraft are advised not to venture out over the said seaboards.
• Expected Exit PAR: Wednesday morning.
Location of eye/center: At 10:00 PM today, the eye of Typhoon “RUBY” was located based on all available data at 305 km East of Borongan, Eastern Samar (12.0°N, 128.2°E).
Strength: Maximum sustained winds of 195 kph near the center and gustiness of up to 230 kph
Forecast Movement: Forecast to move West at 10 kph.
• 24 hour (tomorrow evening): 85 km Northeast of Borongan, Eastern Samar or at 170 km East Southeast of Catarman, Northern Samar.
• 48 hour (Sunday evening): 75 km Northwest of Masbate City
• 72 hour (Monday evening): 150 km West of Calapan City.
Public Storm Warning Signal #3 (Winds of 101-185 kph is expected in at least 18 hrs)
VISAYAS: Northern Samar, Eastern Samar, Samar
• Residents in low lying and mountainous areas are alerted against flashfloods and landslides. Likewise, those living along the coast are warned on the occurrence of big waves associated with Storm Surge which may reach up to 4 meters.
• Heavy damage to agricultural plantation, medium and large trees maybe uprooted
• Considerable damage to structure of light to medium construction, while, majority of nipa and cogon houses unroofed or destroyed
• Severe damage to Billboards & signages
• Evacuation to a safer shelters is highly recommended
• Electrical power distribution and communication services maybe severely disrupted
您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看，沒有帳號？立即加入